Orthodontic Program Helping Families With The Cost Of Braces & Changing Lives One Smile At A Time
Smiles Change Lives (SCL) offers families that cannot afford the full cost of braces an affordable option for obtaining treatment for their children. SCL is a nonprofit organization that matches families that cannot afford the full cost of braces with orthodontists across the country willing to provide orthodontic treatment. In order to qualify for our program, you child must meet the following program qualification.
- Be 7-18 years of age;
- Have “good” oral hygiene;
- Have a moderate to severe need for braces;
- Not be wearing braces currently;
- Family must meet the SCL financial guidelines (varies by geographic location); and
- Be willing to pay the non-refundable $30 (USD) application fee and the non-refundable $650 (USD) required financial investment (per child).
To get answers to some commonly asked questions, please visit the FAQs page.
If you are interested in applying for a child in Foster Care, please visit the Foster Care Family page to get the program qualification and application instructions for foster care children.
Finally, visit our Success Stories page to read testimonials and see before and after photos from some of our program’s thousands of participants!
*Do you live in Coffey, Lyon or Osage County in Kansas? Please download our Jones Foundation Application for braces.